Sandy Menzies Jewellery is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Sandy Menzies Jewellery may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 25/05/19
Our Fundamental Principles:
- We do not sell data. Period.
- We do not share Data, unless compelled by the law
- We do not ask for personal information, unless it is needed to provide a service
- We do not store personal information, unless required for the on-going operation of service you have requested from us.
What personal information we collect
We collect in our email enquiry forms:
- name and email address
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- Here at Sandy Menzies Jewellery we take privacy seriously and will only use your personal information above to administer your account and provide the products and services you have requested from us and as part of an on-going service. However, from time to time we would like to contact you with the details of other services we provide. From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email or telephone. We may use the information to customise our website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Privacy and cookies
What are cookies and how we use them?
Our website uses Google analytics, a service which transmits website data to google servers in the United States. Google Analytics does not identify users or IP address with any other data held by google. We use these reports provided by Google Analytics to help us understand website traffic and webpage usage.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
How secure is your information?
We have put in place appropriate technical and organisational measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used, accessed, altered or disclosed. The measures we use are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risk of processing your personal information. Only authorised personnel are able to gain access to your information stored electronically within our IT systems.
How long do we keep hold of your information?
We only retain your information for as long as necessary for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, reporting requirements or on-going services.
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymise it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal information so that it can no longer be associated with you, in which case we may use such information without further notice to you.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you, please email us at email@example.com
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.